At Project Learning we live and breathe all things Project. Find out how we’ve been providing training solutions to NZ since 1994:
Andy has been in the Project Management industry since 1983, fulfilling a number of roles ranging from customer support representative to managing director and a whole range of posts in between.
As Project Learning’s expert on all things Microsoft Project and Microsoft Project Online, Andy has helped thousands of users around the world make Microsoft Project work for them. He’s even worked with Microsoft to define the curriculum and examination questions that assess technical Microsoft Project competencies, along with delivering numerous training courses on behalf of Microsoft UK and Microsoft NZ.
Andy is a regular tips and tricks presenter and has been a member and officer of the Microsoft Project User Group since 2002. He is also a Microsoft Certified Technical Specialist and Microsoft Certified Trainer.
When Andy’s not involved with training, consultancy or development engagements he tries to find time to listen to music or simply spend quality time with his children.
Working as a Project Analyst for the London Stock Exchange, Diane started her Project Management career back in 1985. Since then she’s been involved with many major projects, working for clients as diverse as The British Library, Bentley Motors and Greater Wellington Regional Council.
Helping Project Learning’s client base understand what makes successful projects tick, Diane has a First Class Honours Degree in Project Management and is a PRINCE2 Practitioner. She is also a Microsoft Certified Technical Specialist and Microsoft Certified Trainer.
Diane is also a a PMP (Project Management Professional) and a member of the local PMI chapter.
Away from work, Diane can often be seen at her local pool, swimming for several kilometres at a stretch or simply taking her children for long exhausting walks.
Here’s a short Project Learning history:
- We attained Microsoft Project Certified Professional status during 1996. We became a fully certified Microsoft Partner in 2004.
- We have been active members of the Microsoft Project Partner programme since 1997 and regularly participate in Partner events worldwide. We have also delivered training on Microsoft Project Enterprise Microsoft’s behalf.
- Our principal consultants Andy and Diane attained full membership to Association for Project Management (UK professional body) in 1997. Diane became a PMP (Project Management Professional) in 2010.
- In 2002 Andy became a Vice President and founding officer of the UK chapter of MPUG. In 2008 he became a VP of the New Zealand MPUG chapter.
- In 2003 Andy and Diane gained accreditation in the Institute of IT Trainers assessment programme and became became Microsoft Certified Trainers in 2008.
- In 2005, Microsoft Corporate HQ chose content from our Project Mentor CBT system to be the only partner-provided training content as part of its Project Management Toolkit.
- In 2007, Project Learning left the UK after 13 successful years and relocated itself to Wellington, New Zealand. 14 years on we’re now full NZ Citizens and based in Alexandra in Central Otago.
- In 2014 we released our first template for Microsoft Project. Now called Project Intelligence, this reporting toolkit is used by many NZ companies and benefits thousands of MS Project users.
- In addition to delivering countless tips and tricks seminars for Microsoft, we delivered Project Online Proof of Concept workshops for Microsoft NZ in 2016 resulting in several significant Project Online implementations.
- Following the COVID lockdowns commencing in 2020, Virtual Classroom delivery via Microsoft Teams has become our go-to-teaching method, much to the delight of countless clients. Andy’s Air New Zealand Gold card has been significantly downgraded.
- In 2021 our Contractor Solutions Suite of training workshops and Microsoft Project reporting template was launched. Since then, delegate uptake has far exceeded our expectations and delegate feedback has been tremendously positive. This was joined in 2023 by our Corporate Solutions Suite, giving us objectives-focused training solutions for all types of project manager across all types of industry.
Want to see the most popular pages on our website? Just click a button below…
Project Learning has a sister company that sells HIFI and audio solutions in Central Otago and the lower South Island. To hear iconic HIFI brands including Linn, Rega, Cambridge Audio, Q Acoustics and Fyne Audio, just check out https://hifiprojects.co.nz